ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSITION VACANCY
Executive Coordinator (4484)
Office of Partnerships, Marketing, & Enrollment Management
Exempt, Regular, Full-Time, Range 1/Zone 3
Salary Range: Min $40,000 – Mid $59,000
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Executive Coordinator in the Office of Partnerships, Marketing, and Enrollment Management. Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Partnerships, Marketing, and Enrollment Management, the ideal candidate will execute a wide range of administrative and executive support functions. Candidate must maintain the highest level of confidentiality at all times and possess the ability to properly handle sensitive materials concerning the organization. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability, and attention to detail are equally important.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Read and analyze incoming correspondence, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
• Oversee all internal employee files and security clearances.
• Compose reports, memos, letters, presentations, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
• Oversee all departmental travel requests, reimbursements, purchase orders and operational expenses to insure standardization and adherence.
• Attend select department leadership meetings to stay abreast of and prioritize issues.
• Manage multiple calendars requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings.
• Identify and collaborate with appropriate staff and departments in preparing special projects. Organizes and follows through on work products and deadlines.
• Mentor and train all administrative and assistant positions within the department.
• Coordinate and arrange senior management meetings, including organizing and disseminating the agenda, preparing meeting materials, and developing presentations.
• Determine appropriate meeting venues and coordinate the use of conference rooms and outside facilities.
• Perform daily general office functions such as answering phones, taking messages, responding to e-mails, writing letters, attending meetings, taking notes, and sending out assigned tasks to appropriate staff
• Other job-related duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Minimum of Five (5) years of experience supporting at the executive level, prior office management or budget management experience required. Bachelor’s degree, experience in higher education, and prior experience with progressively increasing responsibilities in managing budgets, confidential information, expenditures, and procurements Strongly Preferred.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
Please visit www.umuc.edu/employment  for complete instructions for applying for this position. All
submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers an excellent benefits package to include
up to 8 credits of tuition remission per semester, a minimum of 25 days of leave, and a range of insurance
options. For detailed benefits information, please visit http://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/benefits.cfm 
UMUC – an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University distributes an annual information report
which includes campus security information that is available to prospective employees.