Job ID: 2012-40678
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 12/3/2012
Division: DeVry University
Department: Career Services
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
The position advises students regarding career issues and strategies, job search methods, resume preparation, internships and related matters. Responsible for steering graduates to appropriate job leads and getting documentation of employment. This position will ensure accurate reporting in HireDevry and partner with local businesses and companies to increase the amount of job leads for DeVry students and alumni. The role works with the Career Services staff to ensure the department has an adequate amount of job leads.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts individual and group career advising sessions with both the undergraduate and graduate school populations and alumni.
- Advises students on career development, job seeking skills and industry trends in order to effectively prepare them to gain employment upon graduation.
- Assists graduates in securing educationally related employment within 26 weeks of graduation through bi-weekly contact of students, resume assistance and critiquing and conducting mock interviews.
- Provides ongoing feedback to students with respect to individual job search skills.
- Assists students in identifying areas requiring further training or knowledge and works with them in creating personal and professional development programs, including co-op and internship opportunities.
- Ensures accurate data entry and reporting of all activity into HireDevry, including observation notes, career advancements/employments and job development activity, etc.
- Performs specific job development activities for entry level or alumni job leads and enters employers and job leads into HireDevry.
- Develops long term working relationships with businesses and industries and responds to job opening requests by sending appropriate resumes to employers.
- Works closely with the Employer Liaison to ensure that appropriate job leads are found for the advisors caseload.
- Participates in student/alumni activities, career fairs, graduation, Advisory Boards, Program Reviews, Senior Project Presentations, inter-campus relations, outreach and other related activities.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One to three years of combined career advising and employer relations experience required, preferably from an educational institution.
- At least one year corporate relations, corporate outreach or marketing experience preferred.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills required.
- Strong PC skills and experience with Internet search engines.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.