The University of Maryland (UM) in Baltimore, School of Pharmacy, Dean's Administration, is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Alumni Affairs and Programs. The Assistant Director of Alumni Affairs and Programs works under the supervision of the Director of Development and Alumni Affairs. This position will staff the Alumni Association Executive Committee, foster relationships among current students and alumni, plan alumni receptions and events, and develop a reunion giving program. The Assistant Director will also oversee all alumni social media sites and will work with class agents in conjunction with development of the reunion giving program.
* Serves as liaison for the School of Pharmacy's Alumni Association.
* Holds responsibility for the planning and coordination of annual graduation banquet and all reunion functions.
* Responsible for the maintenance of department and alumni website.
* Works closely with student organizations and leadership to enhance student participation and interactions.
* Participates in designing tailored direct mail and email messages. Works closely with other campus offices and with outside vendors such as graphic designers, printers and mailing houses, to ensure communication mailings are produced in an accurate and timely fashion.
* Implements and updates alumni social networking community sites such as LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
* Researches, performs analyses, and summarizes alumni information. Prepares and produces reports and mailing lists.
* Participates in the planning and execution of Alumni events to include oversight of detailed logistics.
* Position requires some travel. Evening and weekends may be required.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in marketing, public relations or a related field and a minimum of 1 year experience working in development of a related field.
* Except for qualifications established by law, additional related experience and formal education in which one has gained the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for full performance of the work of the job class may be substituted for the education or experience requirement on a year-for-year basis with 30 college credits being equivalent to one year of experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of best practices in the field as well as all relevant federal, state and local rules, regulations, programs/policies for meeting compliance.
* Ability to train and motivate volunteers with an emphasis on student volunteers.
* Knowledge of and ability to create, maintain and update social networking sites.
* Ability to exercise the initiative and resourcefulness necessary for prioritizing and organizing multiple and ongoing projects.
* Skill in communicating efficiently and effectively both orally and in writing with a variety of internal and external individuals or agency representatives.
* Skill in continuously seeking to improve the quality of services and processes.
* Ability to network and interact with key groups and individuals.
* Skill in time management and planning to perform effectively and independently.
* Strong oral/written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of development-based computer systems and relevant software packages preferred.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
Filing Deadline: Open until filled
If accommodations are needed, contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-7171, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
The University of Maryland, Baltimore is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.