Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
School/College: School of Music
Department: Music & Worship
Location: Azusa Campus
The position of Director of Church Music & Worship is a 10 month full-time faculty position in the School of Music. Responsibilities of the director of this emphasis will include, but not be limited to, teaching within their area of specialization, giving direction to the emphasis, providing academic advising to students, and serving on departmental and university committees. The Director of Church Music & Worship reports to the Undergraduate Chair, Associate Dean, and the Dean of the School of Music.
Specialization: Church Music & Worship
The Director of Church Music & Worship will provide leadership, vision for the emphasis, teach courses in this emphasis, give academic advising to students in this emphasis, and will have responsibility for creating and updating curriculum as needed.
Rank and salary are commensurate with academic credentials and experience.
Master’s Degree in Music required, Doctorate preferred.
Three to five years college level teaching experience preferred, with minimum three to five years experience in church music ministry.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Visual acuity to read words and numbers.
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment.
- Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the telephone.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Hire Date: Negotiable
For Faculty jobs please apply directly at https://apufacultyjobs.silkroad.com/ 
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.