Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
Position Title: Director of Los Angeles Regional Center
School/College: Vice President of Graduate/Non-Traditional Enrollment and Student Services
Department: Office of Regional Centers
Location: Los Angeles Regional Center
The Los Angeles Regional Center Director’s primary responsibility is to serve as the administrative leader of the Los Angeles Regional Center who ensures effective day to day management of all center operations and functions, provides excellent service to all center students and faculty, serves as liaison to the school/department in which academic programs are developed and delivered by resident teaching faculty and represents APU in the local community. The director is responsible to collaborate with the schools to maintain effective, high quality academic programs in an enriched academic environment that honors God First and maintains the integrity of Azusa Pacific University’s mission . Reports to the Executive Director of Regional Centers.
Specialization: Higher education and/or leadership
- Manages all center operations including:
- Directly oversees all regional center staff members.
- Directly oversees and manages the regional center budget.
- Responsible for all aspects of facility and equipment operations management.
- Working in collaboration with the Office of International Student Services, responsible to identify all nonimmigrant aliens and have them comply with all immigration requirements as directed by the US Government.
- Responsible for partnering with APU’s Academic Deans and Department Chairs to:
- Foster a collaborative relationship with each school to ensure that academic responsibilities, guided and approved by each school and department, are conducted consistently and effectively. Such duties include course scheduling, direct students to appropriate academic advisor, program support, and supporting faculty to ensure that classes meet according to course syllabi. Center Director is responsible for maintaining records of current syllabi for all courses taught at the regional center.
- Assist in new student enrollment and retention of current students within the center service area.
- Assist each school’s marketing director/program director(s) in analyzing and diagnosing market indicators to determine the center’s current and future needs.
- Serves as liaison for APU to the local community:
- Networks with educational, religious, city, business, and human service agencies within the center’s service area.
- Identifies common interests and coordinates activities and endeavors that further develop relationships and partnerships with the constituents in the local community.
- Serves on University, school district, county office of education, and/or community based committees within service area.
- Ensures excellent service to students and faculty by:
- Developing and maintaining effective communication with all relevant areas in graduate and accelerated degree programs to include the Graduate Center, graduate programs and APS.
- Providing consistent and accurate communication of university policy and procedure to all students and faculty.
- Collaborates with members of the President’s and Academic cabinets and University Relations to strategically manage enrollment of the center by:
- Developing and preparing reports related to the regional center.
- Investigating and analyzing the programs offered at the center.
- Recommending expansion and/or change of program offerings to meet the educational needs of the local market.
- As an administrative faculty member, models scholarship and participates in faculty meetings and activities.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Regional Centers.
Level: Administrative Faculty
Master’s degree required, doctorate preferred. Minimum of five to seven years of leadership experience in higher education. Good public relations skills are a necessity, including excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Ability to work under pressure. Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team. Exhibits the ability to represent APU professionally in the larger community. Motivated self-starter with strong organizational skills. In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students. Travel periodically to surrounding schools and businesses, to the Azusa Pacific main campus for training/meetings and occasionally to other APU regional centers.
Experience in managing people and projects. Knowledge and experience in higher education. Demonstrated leadership, management, problem-solving, and decision-making ability. Demonstrated success in collaborating with all levels of the institution. Demonstrated ability to work effectively within an ethnically and culturally diverse campus community. Experience working with graduate and/or adult students required. Experience with regional center leadership, enrollment management leadership, and community development preferred.
Workload: Full-time, 12 month, administrative faculty position.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Hire Date: Open until filled.
For Faculty jobs please apply directly at https://apufacultyjobs.silkroad.com/ 
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.