Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
School/College: Center for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment
The Office of Institutional Research and Assessment is part of the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment and includes all aspects of institutional research and reporting, survey distribution, and assistance with accreditation processes.
The Director of Institutional Research reports to the Associate Provost and directly manages, leads, and supervises the IR team and its tasks related to IPEDS and external reporting, institutional research and internal reporting processes (including data management collaboration with various other offices on campus), predictive modeling, and appropriate forms of data management and dissemination that move the University forward as an evidence-based institution. The Director of IR has the responsibility to employ best practices in institutional research, specifically as it relates to facilitating strategic planning and decision-making on campus.
- Casts a vision of evidence-based decision-making for the University based on best practices in institutional research
- Provides leadership and strategic vision for the IR team
- Prioritizes, supervises, and coordinates the IR workload according to the skill sets of the team
- Ensures planning, collection, analysis, and reporting of university-wide data on student life, retention, academic programs, and co-curricular activities used for planning, marketing, budgeting, and project development
- Ensures coordination with University offices in survey design and data collection, analysis, and reporting internal survey research for the University
- Ensures the coordination of the survey administration schedule on campus
- Represents (or assigns representation for) the IR team on various APU councils and boards (specifically the University Data and Information Council; Data Standards Committee; University Assessment Council)
- Ensures timely and accurate responses to all legally required and necessary external and internal data reporting requests
- Ensures the production of reports, including University performance indicators, and other information which can inform and support university decision-makers
- Provides data and analysis support for internal program assessment and review
- Utilizes predictive modeling and other forms of analysis to assist in University decision-making
- Oversees academic data integrity, quality assurance, and common data definitions
- Ensures that institutional data collection and reporting processes are reliable, valid, and ethical
- Works collaboratively with other professional staff in the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Assessment
Full-time, 12-month administrative faculty position (faculty rank based on experience and current rank).
Ph.D. in a social science or other discipline that includes substantial and formal training in quantitative research methods and inferential statistics, with experience applying these skills in IR settings. Candidates should also have in-depth knowledge of IPEDS reporting requirements and experience developing, maintaining, and querying relational databases or data warehouses. Successful candidates will demonstrate evidence of a collaborative leadership style and of a customer service orientation.
At least six years of experience in leadership positions related to institutional research.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- Ability to manage workloads and meet deadlines.
- Ability to lead collaboratively in a way that affirms and values people.
- Ability to craft visions and communicate them effectively.
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Visual acuity to read words and numbers.
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment.
- Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the telephone.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Hire Date: Immediately
For Faculty jobs please apply directly at https://apufacultyjobs.silkroad.com/ 
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.