Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
School/College: School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences
Department: Social Work, with primary assignment to the Bachelor of Social
Job Description: Announcing a nine/ten-month faculty appointment in a thriving, CSWE accredited, social work program, carrying full-time instructional responsibilities. Candidates are expected to teach across the generalist curriculum. Primary teaching responsibilities will be in the research sequence. The candidates are expected to share in departmental activities, including student advising, program assessment, and student admissions; and to actively participate in scholarship, and in departmental and university life.
Level: Assistant/Associate Professor
Qualifications: Ph.D. preferred, Master of Social Work and two years post MSW practice experience are required. Candidates must be able to communicate their Christian faith and how they ethically integrate faith in social work scholarship and practice.
Experience: Strong teaching skills, experience in the area of research strongly desired, with a commitment to undergraduate education.
Workload: Nine or ten month contract dependent on candidate qualifications and research agenda.
Hire Date: Fall 2013 (mid-August)
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
- Ability to stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Visual acuity to read words and numbers.
- Sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment.
- Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the telephone.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force and occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
For Faculty jobs please apply directly at https://apufacultyjobs.silkroad.com/ 
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.