The Libraries and Instructional Media Services Department is seeking a full-time dynamic Librarian to lead the strategic development of library services at NBC and who has strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills; a sound understanding of emerging technologies and trends in library and information science and their application in an academic library environment; and a commitment to developing excellent, innovative and integrated library services.
This position reports to the College Librarian.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Facilitating the delivery of effective library and information services in an environment conducive to study, research, personal and professional growth;
• Participating in the review and development of library policies and procedures;
• Preparing manuals of operation and procedures;
• Supervising and training library personnel and student assistant(s);
• Overseeing a systematic collection development programme;
• Developing library programming; planning, conducting and assessing information literacy sessions;
• Preparing monthly and annual reports, budgetary requests, and statistical data as required;
• Holding monthly meetings with campus library staff,
• Participating in general, branch, campus, professional and committee meetings and activities;
• Participating in departmental projects, staff development activities, programmes, etc.
• Conducting library related research;
• Working one evening reference desk rotation each academic year;
• Serving on the library management team
• Representing the College on local and international committees;
• Expanding and maintaining links with local and international library communities;
• Managing library user complaints and facilitating the resolution of conflict between library employees and users, providing advice and support for disciplinary process/action as required;
• Performing other related duties as assigned to support the ongoing development of the Department.
• An earned master’s degree in Library and/or Information Science from an accredited university; and
• A minimum of seven (7) years post master’s experience in an academic library which includes management and leadership of a library branch/unit.
Doctoral Degree: $42,160 - $71,410
Master's Degree: $37,660 - $63,310
1 August 2013
15 February 2013 (extended)
Applicants should send the following:
• A completed College of The Bahamas Application for Employment Form (www.cob.edu.bs/hrprofile );
• A letter of interest (highlighting work experience and accomplishments relevant to the position);
• An up-to-date curriculum vitae or resume;
• Teaching philosophy statement;
• Evidence of excellence in teaching;
• Evidence of research and scholarship;
• Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts needed for employment); and
• At least three confidential, professional references.
Applications will NOT be considered without the complete package.
The College of The Bahamas
Human Resources Department
P. O. Box N-4912
Poinciana Drive & Thompson Boulevard
Attention: Ms. Renée Mayers
Associate Vice President, Human Resources