The Mathematics Department is seeking faculty members with a strong commitment to undergraduate teaching and research; the ability to teach undergraduate Mathematics and Statistics courses to science and non-science majors; and who have a research specialty in one of the following areas: applied mathematics, combinatorics, differential equations, logic, number theory, or probability theory.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Teaching undergraduate mathematics courses to mathematics and non-mathematics majors;
• Participating in curriculum review, revision and design;
• Contributing to the development of teaching materials;
• Participating in departmental projects and academic advising;
• Engaging in research and scholarly activities with the potential for scholarly publication;
• Serving on departmental, School and college-wide committees.
• An earned doctoral degree in Mathematics from an accredited institution;
• Excellent tertiary–level teaching experience;
• Evidence of research and scholarship.
Candidates with a master’s degree in Mathematics from an accredited institution and a minimum of five years tertiary-level teaching experience will be considered.
Candidates with research specialties in the following areas are especially encouraged to apply: algebra/number theory, analysis and geometry/topology, operations research, partial/stochastic differential equations and financial mathematics.
Doctoral Degree: $42,160 - $71,410
Master's Degree: $37,660 - $63,310
1 August 2014
21 February 2014
Applicants should send the following:
• A completed College of The Bahamas Application for Employment Form (www.cob.edu.bs/hrprofile );
• A letter of interest (highlighting work experience and accomplishments relevant to the position);
• An up-to-date curriculum vitae or resume;
• Teaching philosophy statement;
• Evidence of excellence in teaching;
• Evidence of research and scholarship;
• Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts needed for employment); and
• At least three confidential, professional references.
Applications will NOT be considered without the complete package.
* The electronic submittal of all application materials is strongly encouraged. Please send via email as an attachment to Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org 
The College of The Bahamas
Human Resources Department
P. O. Box N-4912
Poinciana Drive & Thompson Boulevard
Attention: Ms. Renée Mayers
Associate Vice President, Human Resources