The College is seeking faculty in the School of English Studies who have a strong commitment to undergraduate instruction; are able to teach literature as well as rhetoric and composition up to the bachelor degree level; and are knowledgeable of current trends in pedagogy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Teaching college composition and literature up to the bachelor degree level;
• Participating in curriculum review, revision and design;
• Developing and participating in departmental projects;
• Contributing to the development of teaching materials;
• Engaging in research with the potential for scholarly publication;
• Serving on departmental, School and college-wide committees.
• An earned PhD in English in either Literature or Composition and Rhetoric from an accredited institution;
• Excellent tertiary-level teaching experience;
• Evidence of scholarly research and publications.
Doctoral Degree: $42,160 - $71,410
1 August 2013
21 December 2012
Applicants should send the following:
• A completed College of The Bahamas Application for Employment Form (www.cob.edu.bs/hrprofile );
• A letter of interest (highlighting work experience and accomplishments relevant to the position);
• An up-to-date curriculum vitae or resume;
• Teaching philosophy statement;
• Evidence of excellence in teaching;
• Evidence of research and scholarship;
• Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts needed for employment); and
• At least three confidential, professional references.
Applications will NOT be considered without the complete package.
The College of The Bahamas
Human Resources Department
P. O. Box N-4912
Poinciana Drive & Thompson Boulevard
Attention: Ms. Renée Mayers
Associate Vice President, Human Resources