The Department of Journalism and Communication is seeking a faculty member who has a strong commitment to teaching and mentoring undergraduate journalism majors; is able to combine journalism theory with practice; and is able to expose majors to a variety of media platforms: print, broadcast and online.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Teaching courses in journalism up to the bachelor degree level;
• Participating in curriculum development and the development of instructional materials;
• Developing and participating in departmental projects;
• Participating in student recruitment and advisement;
• Engaging in research and scholarly activities;
• Serving on departmental, School and college-wide committees.
• An earned PhD in Journalism from an accredited institution;
• Excellent tertiary-level teaching experience;
• Industry experience;
• Evidence of research and scholarship.
Applicants with a master’s degree in Journalism and a minimum of five years tertiary level teaching experience may be considered.
Doctoral Degree: $42,160 - $71,410
Master's Degree: $37,660 - $63,310
1 August 2013
21 December 2012
Applicants should send the following:
• A completed College of The Bahamas Application for Employment Form (www.cob.edu.bs/hrprofile );
• A letter of interest (highlighting work experience and accomplishments relevant to the position);
• An up-to-date curriculum vitae or resume;
• Teaching philosophy statement;
• Evidence of excellence in teaching;
• Evidence of research and scholarship;
• Unofficial transcripts (official transcripts needed for employment); and
• At least three confidential, professional references.
Applications will NOT be considered without the complete package.
The College of The Bahamas
Human Resources Department
P. O. Box N-4912
Poinciana Drive & Thompson Boulevard
Attention: Ms. Renée Mayers
Associate Vice President, Human Resources