This position will be responsible for General academic advising for students who have declared a major in the School of Professional Studies. Go to www.msudenverjobs.com  for full position announcement and to apply.
The primary responsibilities are to provide informed guidance and accurate information in the most efficient, accessible and comprehensive manner possible to assist students in reaching their educational, life and career goals. This position will provide general academic advising for all students who have declared majors in the School of Professional Studies (SPS). Additionally the position is responsible for the following:
1. Provide advising assistance and training for SPS faculty, including assisting them with Banner Tracking/BRM.
2. Participate in University recruitment, Student Orientation Advising and Registration (SOAR), and other University functions related to these efforts
3. Review SPS sections of the University Catalog to ensure all curriculum changes have been accurately reflected
4. Review SPS and departmental websites to ensure they are updated in a timely manner, as well as maintain and update other online advising resources
5. Participate in advisor training sessions and professional development opportunities whenever possible
6. Assist with the collection of data for the preparation of reporting related to the assessment of advising services
7. Assist with and evaluate transfer courses and submit CAPP adjustments when applicable to ensure all majors within the School have comparable evaluations of their previous coursework
8. Work with the Admissions office to identify newly admitted SPS majors and contact them regarding orientation and advising
9. Participate in student retention initiatives
10. Work in collaboration with the Academic Advising Center, which includes attending staff meetings, occasional late night advisor rotations, and committees
11. Provide workshops on the various majors in SPS, as needed.
EO STATEMENT: Metropolitan State University of Denver is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women and minorities to apply.
1. Bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines: Aviation & Aerospace Science; Criminal Justice & Criminology; Engineering Technology; Human Nutrition-Dietetics; Health Care Management; Integrative Therapeutic Practices; Recreation Professions; Hospitality, Tourism & Events; Human Performance & Sport; Athletic Training; Human Services; Nursing; Journalism; Technical Communications; or Industrial Design.
2. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
3. Academic advising experience at an accredited institution in higher education.
4. Experience with academic advising software (SCT/Banner, SIS etc.)
5. Experience working with diverse, urban populations.
Go to www.msudenverjobs.com  for full position announcement and to apply.