Job ID: 2012-38519
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 9/26/2012
Division: DeVry University
Department: Student Finance
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
This position manages a portfolio of students (either undergraduate or graduate or a combination thereof) to ensure that all students have the appropriate guidance to make informed tuition investment and financial aid decisions. Works closely with applicants and students to assess financial need, complete the financial aid process, and secure education funding. Through regular proactive outreach to an assigned student portfolio, initiates tuition investment and gap counseling discussions and advises students on strategies to finance their education. Serves as the student’s single point of contact for all financial aid concerns and works to resolve issues in a timely manner. Works closely with Admissions, Student Finance colleagues and other departments to research and resolve any student financing issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists applicants/students to make an informed tuition investment decision by providing accurate, helpful Student Finance advice.
- Guides applicants/students through the financial aid application process.
- Performs initial contact, financial advising, and direct outreach advising sessions.
- Increases student satisfaction and retention by providing proactive tuition investment and student finance support to an assigned portfolio of students.
- Serves as the single point of contact for all Student Finance issues (e.g., financial aid, payment plans, billing issues, etc.). Manages escalated concerns and resolves issues in a timely manner.
- Provides superior customer service to students by accepting ownership of all Student Finance issues and questions.
- Identifies opportunities and solutions that improve current processes and actively participates in the roll-out of new processes.
- Shares best practices with other Student Finance Consultants and colleagues to continuously improve the DeVry student finance experience.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of all DeVry Student Finance programs, policies and procedures.
- Ensures Student Finance advising and issue management complies with applicable federal and state laws.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of federal and state financial aid guidelines and regulations.
- Participates on Student Finance committees and special projects.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-5 years experience in student finance operations with proficiency in financial aid advising, packaging and disbursements.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
- Demonstrable knowledge of principles, practices, methodology, and procedures for the provision of student financial aid advisement.
- In-depth knowledge of federal Title IV and state financial aid regulations and associated processing procedures.
- PC skills in Microsoft Office, database and internet applications.
- Proven ability to set priorities and deadlines and ensure projects are completed.
- Self-motivated and willing to take ownership of, and quickly resolve, complex issues.
- Communicates with impact both verbally and written in an accurate, understandable and succinct manner while adapting communication style to your audience.
- Proactively solves problems through asking questions, listening to responses, verifying information, considering alternate conclusions and staying solution-focused.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.