Job ID: 2012-38591
# Positions: 1
Location: US-IL-Chicago-Riverside Campus
Posted Date: 10/25/2012
Division: DeVry Inc.
Department: Information Technology
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
The Senior CMS (Content Management Systems) Analyst will serve as the liaison between the CMS vendor, Perceptive Software, Information Technology, and the business community. The Senior CMS Analyst will work closely with end users CMS and technical resources that support that system. The Senior CMS Analyst will serve as the application expert and will coordinate the resolution of key technical and business issues and other pieces linked to SEO (Search Engine Optimization), content, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability/willingness to train and mentor junior analysts on the team. Provide input to users or other teams who seek individual's input
- Monitor license usage, project and budget for future software license needs
- Work closely with vendors to evaluate the effectiveness of new and existing software and hardware components
- Evaluate Business requests, gather business requirements, analyze, design and develop innovative CMS solutions to meet the business and end-users requirements
- Provide product demonstrations to CMS stakeholders as required
- Write functional and technical design specifications for CMS projects
- Administer CMS workflow queues, security roles, application plans, views, document types, iScripts, and reports
- Set up, configure, and maintain capture devices
- Designs, implements, and tests solutions for various departments in the organization
- Provide necessary training, technical and functional Support wherever necessary
- Migrates data between various CMS environments
- Provide CMS technical support for IT Help Desks and end users
- Performs CMS administrative functions as required.
- Facilitate User Acceptance Testing for system changes and projects
- Stay up to date on new CMS products and enhancements to existing products
- Stay up to date on trends in the Enterprise Content Management industry
- Participate as a team member in the application development area.
- Must be adept at communicating with non-technical business personnel.
- Adhere to internal IT procedures and suggest improvements if needed. A strong sense of teamwork is a must
- Document consistently and accurately on all application projects. All documentation (new development and maintenance) should be complete, understandable and accessible.
- Observe and enforce established IT controls for all change requests that need to be migrated to production environment
- Report appropriate and correct status to project leadership, manager and Director.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
Critical features of this job are described under Essential Duties and Responsibilities. They may be, however, subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Must have 5+ years experience with CMS or other Enterprise Content Management Applications preferably as an end user and administrator
- Must have previous experience with document management processes and procedures
- Good understanding of SDLC and Agile software development methodologies
- Ability to translate high level business requirements into CMS implementation requirements and design
- Some working knowledge of UNIX, Oracle databases, and Windows Server environments
- Ability and flexibility to work overtime / weekend hours to meet planned project deadlines if needed
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Detailed, organized, and results-oriented
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions with minimal supervision and direction
- Previous experience in Higher Education industry preferred
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.