Job ID: 2012-38410
# Positions: 1
Location: US-IL-Chicago-Riverside Campus
Posted Date: 9/24/2012
Division: DeVry Inc.
Department: Information Technology
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
The position acts as a liaison between user communities and development group. This position is responsible for the development and maintenance of the institution’s web presence with minimal direction and oversight. The role works collaboratively within the digital marketing team to help the institution achieve its objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently maintains and develops web applications solutions that support the institution’s online marketing activities and content management system.
- Develops and ensures consistently high technologically and architecturally functional standards for web and interactive design to enhance the image of the institution.
- Codes and tests third party integrations, and works collaboratively with others to execute the plan most effectively.
- Develops strategies on how best to use networking and server-based technologies, and troubleshoots and develops maintenance plans for web servers.
- Maintains reports for accountability and productivity measures. Aids in providing ongoing analysis and monitoring.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; a master’s degree a plus.
- Ability to create and maintain graphics.
- Five or more years of proficient in website creation and support in industry standard tools.
- Experience with Adobe Omniture desired; experience with Sitefinity 4.0 and above a plus.
- Strong understanding of development principles and standard systems.
- Superior knowledge of development tools, trends, technologies, resource usage, and best practices.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas and listen to others.
- Outstanding organization skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional communications skills, both oral and written.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.