Job ID: 2012-38936
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 11/26/2012
Division: Ross University
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: No FLSA
About Ross University:
Ross University was founded in 1978 and is a provider of medical and veterinary education, offering doctor of medicine and doctor of veterinary medicine degree programs. The School of Medicine is located in Dominica, West Indies, with a new clinical education center scheduled to open in Freeport, Grand Bahama, in January 2009. The School of Veterinary Medicine is located in St. Kitts. Ross University’s administrative offices are located in North Brunswick, NJ. For more information about Ross University, visit www.RossU.edu  or call 732.509.4600.
The Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for working with all departments to provide general building maintenance support to the maintenance section of RUSM by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct workers engaged in painting and performing structural repairs to masonry, woodwork, furnishings of buildings and plumbing
- Direct workers engaged in the general maintenance of buildings and grounds, including painting, masonry, tiling and carpentry
- Direct workers assisting other departments as requested, including moving furniture and unloading and storing supplies
- Inspect completed work for conformance to blueprints, specifications, and standards
- Interpret company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations
- Establish or adjust work procedures to meet schedules; Analyze and resolves work problems, assists workers in solving work problems
- Initiate or suggest plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals
- Train and ensure all assigned employees are aware of and comply with company, government, and customer policies, procedures, and regulations
- Manage subordinate supervisors who supervise other employees and directly supervises non-supervisory employees
- Responsible for human resource management to include but not be limited interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; address complaints and resolving problems;
- Perform any other duties commensurate with the position which may be assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required to perform functions of post:-
- Minimum of an Associate Degree in related field or technical qualifications and/or at least six years of experience in the field;
- Ability to supervisor employees
- Knowledge in the use of computer, word processing and spreadsheet,
- Ability to use the internet
- Working knowledge of MicroSoft Project, Auto CAD would be an asset.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.