Position Summary: The Assistant Varsity Strength and Conditioning Coach position is a part-time position that runs 9 months.
The responsibilities are including but not limited to the following:
- Assist with the development of strength and conditioning programs in conjunction with the Director of Strength & Conditioning for varsity intercollegiate programs.
- 12-month sport specific resistance programs for varsity intercollegiate programs
- Develop conditioning programs that address cardiovascular demands of the sport
- Develop flexibility/stretching programs
- Responsible for continuous testing and evaluations of student-athletes on a routine basis
- Provide direct instruction to all student-athletes, as well as providing assessment and documentation tools, in order to assure proper explanation of training techniques
- Conduct orientation sessions for all teams explaining/demonstrating modalities of physical training used for each varsity program
- Document athletes' workouts
- Develop strength and conditioning manuals used by off- term and/or summer student-athletes
- Assist with the scheduling of all varsity intercollegiate training facilities.
- Maintain and enforce policies and procedures for use and risk management of all intercollegiate training facilities.
- Recommend facility upgrades and improvements including the recommendation and purchase of equipment for intercollegiate training facilities based on independent research.
- Support and communicate with team doctors, staff nutritionists, athletic trainers, and coaches to serve student-athlete needs. Provide educational support regarding nutritional and supplemental products and reinforce drug free environment, in accordance with FDA recommendations, and Ivy League and NCAA guidelines.
- Work in conjunction with coaching staff in order to implement all aspects of training including scheduling, technique training, supervision, and goal setting.
- Possess the ability to work within the Department of Athletics and to communicate effectively with other coaches, students, administrators and medical training staff.
- Develop maintenance schedule for equipment, perform and document periodic equipment safety checks, and remove from use any unsafe equipment.
- Assist with hiring student monitors and training them to enforce weight room rules and policies.
- Manage student interns when applicable.
Essential Qualifications: - Successful background in coaching strength and conditioning.
- Ability to manage and schedule varsity intercollegiate training facilities.
- Ability to develop and administer strength and conditioning programs.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Functional computer skills.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Adhere to Ivy League, ECAC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- SCCC certification or CSCS (Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist).
- First Aid and CPR certification.
The candidate for this position is required to successfully complete a background check.
Preferred Qualifications: Advanced degree in Exercise Science or related field preferred.
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled or See Position Summary.