ANNOUNCEMENT OF POSITION VACANCY
Field Coordinator, Joint Base Anacostia- Bolling (4477)
Department of Military Partnerships
Exempt, Contingent II, Full-Time, Range 1/Zone 2
Salary Range: Min $37,000 – Mid $51,000
The Coordinator for the Joint Base Andrews NAF office will report to the Assistant Director and work closely with the military education offices to manage and offer classes to military and civilian students. The coordinator is responsible for the outreach efforts and supervision of staff at the Joint Base Andrews NAF. Evening hours and occasional travel are required.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Manage operational and administrative duties for supervised site by compiling monthly statistics and reports. Schedule training for supervised staff members. Ensure sites maintain proper office coverage. Requires proactive outreach to both military and civilian communities to promote classes at sites supervised. Provide outreach initiatives to attain university goals.
• Support Assistant Director with creating, coordinating, and providing consistent outreach services to specific military and local events.
• Create and maintain an outreach plan for the site to ensure student retentions.
• Maintain an active presence with the local military community by attending graduations, base functions, and education activities which include college/education fairs.
• Provide services and assistance to students that walk-in and call for admissions, registration, financial aid, and student account information. Ensure staff meets quality assurance expectations for satisfactory customer service.
• Track and analyze class activity to provide input on scheduling. Ensure classes are provided with adequate space and needed technologies for class instruction. Ensure civilian student and faculty members are adequately prepared to attain base access for class.
• Attend UMUC Open House events, Commencement and rotate with other staff members to provide assistance to instructors and students on the first day of class on a week night or weekend at Joint Base Andrews NAF.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree required and a minimum of one year experience working in a higher education environment, preferably with non-traditional students. Outstanding customer service skills with both internal and external customers required. Possess strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills, and capable of prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Ability to proficiently use MS Office. General knowledge of UMUC practices and procedures preferred.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
Please visit www.umuc.edu/employment  for complete instructions for applying for this position. All
submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers an excellent benefits package to include
up to 8 credits of tuition remission per semester, a minimum of 25 days of leave, and a range of insurance
options. For detailed benefits information, please visit http://www.umuc.edu/visitors/careers/benefits.cfm 
UMUC – an Equal Opportunity Employer. The University distributes an annual information report
which includes campus security information that is available to prospective employees.