Job ID: 2012-39456
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 10/17/2012
Division: Chamberlain College of Nursing
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
Responsible for generating students for enrollment in Chamberlain's nursing program(s) from among graduating high school students and other education-seeking prospects. Obtain leads through school visits, career fairs and class presentations. Responsible for phases of recruitment prior to application, which includes, but is not limited to lead generation and introducing the prospect to the program and prequalifying them for enrollment at Chamberlain.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commits the time and effort to visit all high schools in the territory in order to establish rapport with the school staff so as to have access to prospective Chamberlain students.
- Makes informational presentations to all levels of educators in high schools and other educational institutions to encourage them to recommend Chamberlain to their students.
- Conducts educational and motivational presentations to groups of students (juniors and seniors primarily but also other groups of education-seeking students) for the purpose of influencing their decisions to attend Chamberlain College of Nursing.
- Uses all marketing and recruiting tools to get the Chamberlain story in front of all prospects.
- Studies course prerequisites, degree equivalents and accreditation of schools to establish students' qualifications for admission.
- Effectively addresses students' concerns to ensure that all prospects receive the full Chamberlain story and are aware of their career opportunities.
- Conducts student interviews at high schools and community colleges to initially screen prospective students, effectively tell the Chamberlain story and to set up interviews/appointments on campus with them and their parents.
- Carefully assesses all prospective students to ensure that they have the student potential, traits, characteristics, and financial wherewithal to stay-the-course and remain enrolled until graduation.
- Conducts personal interviews to effectively qualify candidates, explains Chamberlain's academic programs, and advises candidate about what they need to do to meet Chamberlain's admission requirements.
- Initiates and accepts the admissions application - - -- and works cooperatively with assigned admission advisor and student support advisor to ensure excellent customer service through the enrollment process.
- Participates as a team member of the campus admission department understanding team dynamics, rules and principles; works diligently and willingly towards the department's goals and objectives.
- Solicits referrals from prospective candidates to provide a positive flow of student applicants; diligently follows all leads and applicants in order to ensure that - conversion rates including acceptance percentages are obtained.
- Knows the importance of the student start rate goals for each term and uses effort, ingenuity and resourcefulness in meeting the Department of Admission's enrollment and start goals.
- Produces activity reports on a weekly basis in a clear and concise format.
- Efficiently administers files, reports and other paperwork as required and maintains the lead generation database.
- Utilizes competent administrative skills by getting enrollment tasks done on time and within budget; maintains records and completes all standard reports and adhoc reports, when needed, on time.
- Handles related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree is required. Minimum 1 year of admissions or sales experience preferred.
- Outstanding customer service skills, written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Must be intelligent and must have persuasive skills and must understand and properly interpret human behavior.
- Must have quality voice and pronunciation skills to be able to speak well and be clearly understood.
- Must be a competent administrator and a self-starter and have the ability to work with little supervision.
- Must be a team player, willing to share and exchange.
- Must have the ability to make ethical decisions, doing what is always best for the students as well as the College.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.