Job ID: 2012-39396
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 10/17/2012
Division: Carrington College
Employment Type: Temporary Part-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
As an instructor at Carrington College you will be responsible for delivering a quality educational experience for the students in the courses that you teach through ensuring that curriculum is up-to-date, that effective delivery methods are employed, and that all students are treated in a fair and equitable manner. This is a substitute position, with varying hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Interacts effectively and professionally with students, staff, faculty, and external customers of Carrington College including Advisory Board members and externship and other off campus sites.
- Exceptional customer focused skills. Ability to address student needs and resolve issues with diplomacy and tact.
- Interpersonal skills including questioning, listening and showing concern and respect for others.
- Solid writing skills to communicate effectively in memos, letters, and via email.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including ability to project voice and be clearly understood when speaking in front of a group.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and commitment to comply with policies, regulations, and codes of conduct governing all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Commitment to the success of the students and the school.
- Computer literacy skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Possess at a minimum an Associate's Degree; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Possess at a minimum the ARDMS credential of RDMS with registries in Abdominal and OB/GYN.
- Additional registries in Vascular Technology (RVT) and/or Cardiac Sonography (RDCS) are preferred.
- Equivalent of three (3) years full-time (at least 35 hours per week) professional experience as a general sonographer.
- Prior experience working in an educational environment preferred.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.