Buffalo State, State University of New York, seeks candidates for the full-time position of Academic Advisor for the Educational Opportunity Program (EOP).
- MS in Counselor Education, Student Personnel Administration, Human Services or related field;
- Demonstrated experience providing support to students who have historically shown ability and motivation in the face of economic and academic challenge;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the history, purpose, and mission of EOP;
- Basic understanding of how to read and interpret applicants' folders for academic and financial credentials toward EOP admission;
- Demonstrated ability to develop, plan, and present programs, and workshops.
- Proven ability to work with a diverse student population in an academic support service area;
- Experience with academic advisement and financial aid policies;
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills.
Qualified applicants may apply online at https://jobs.buffalostate.edu .
Buffalo State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and committed to respect for diversity and individual differences.