Truckee Meadows Community College, located in Reno, Nevada, seeks motivated, highly organized applicants for a Student Services Specialist position.
The Student Services Specialist is the primary service provider to program participants served by the Veterans Upward Bound Program, a federally funded TRIO grant by the US Department of Education located in TMCC's Student Services Division. The program is designed to serve veterans who are low-income and potential first generation college students to prepare for success in postsecondary education.
The Student Services Specialist provides a wide array of student development activities and support services to include: assessment; advisement; academic preparatory and postsecondary pre-enrollment services; information and assistance with financial aid, admissions; college orientation; outreach and recruitment; referrals to and coordination with college and community resources.
Candidates must exhibit an appreciation of, a sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological and ethnic backgrounds.
TMCC is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, physical or mental disability, creed, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or gender expression in the programs or activities which it operates.
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
2. Two (2) years experience with counseling, advisement, or student services in a postsecondary institution.
3. Two (2) years experience working with low-income, first generation, or underprepared students.
1. Master's degree in Education, Counseling, Social Work, or related field from an accredited institution.
2. Three (3) years experience with counseling, advisement, or student services in a postsecondary institution.
3. Two (2) years TRIO experience or working with veterans.
4. Experience with assessment instruments and interpretation of results
5. Knowledge utilizing student educational data systems (i.e SCT Banner, PeopleSoft.)
6. Experience in developing educational plans.
Starting at $37,208. Salary is dependent upon education, experience and federal grant funding.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND TO APPLY.