Empire State College was founded in 1971 as a comprehensive, public college within the State University of New York. A recognized leader in offering innovative degree programs for highly motivated adults, the college enrolls more than 20,000 students annually in associate, bachelor's and master's programs at 35 locations across New York state and through the Center for Distance Learning. Faculty members work with students in one-on-one, and in small group, residency-based and on-line learning settings at the graduate and undergraduate levels. The college is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and multicultural, inclusive learning environment and is a pioneer in mentoring adult learners, prior learning assessment and online learning.
The Office of Integrated Technologies, Server Systems Group, seeks an experienced Linux Systems Programmer Analyst (State Title: Lead Programmer Analyst, SL3) to support the college’s server and networking infrastructure. Preferred candidates will have experience developing with server scripting languages (e.g. Perl, PHP, Ruby, BASH); building and managing LAMP servers; installing and maintaining RHEL v5/6 servers and demonstrated proficiency adapting and learning new technologies.
The successful candidate should have demonstrated work experience administering servers in a highly available and distributed environment. The candidate should possess strong analytic, communication & collaborative skills, and be knowledgeable about emerging trends in technology.
• 2 years work-related Linux server administration experience
• Programming proficiency with server scripting languages: Perl, PHP, Python, or BASH
• Programming experience with C/C++ or Java
• Associate’s degree
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Familiar with HTML, CSS, XML, Java, Tomcat, Apache
• Programming proficiency with C/C++ or Java
• Knowledge of professional software engineering tools (e.g. Build Automation, Documentation Management, DVCS)
• Familiarity with RDBMS like MySQL.
• Experience with setup and configuration of iSCSI SANs
• Knowledgeable with networking protocols and tools including SNMP, SSH, NC
• Demonstrated initiative and the ability to produce desired results
• Experience in an academic or higher education computing setting
Special Information (i.e., weekend hours, travel, etc.):
Occasional travel and on call/overtime hours will be required.
Applications Due By: Review of resumes begins December 14, 2012
The college actively seeks to build a culturally diverse faculty and staff and offers multicultural learning and work environments. Empire State College supports all efforts to enrich our community through a steadfast commitment to excellence through diversity. Empire State College is an AA/EEO/IRCA/ADA employer.
SUNY EMPIRE STATE COLLEGE IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND EDUCATOR. IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION OFFICER AT (518) 587-2100. IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (518) 587-2800. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE SAFETY AND SECURITY WEBSITE AT http://www.esc.edu/safety-security