Excelsior College seeks applicants for the position of Admissions Counselor within the Enrollment Management Unit. The Admissions Office is designed to serve the needs of adult learners prior to enrollment. The primary responsibility of an Admissions Counselor is to meet the needs of individual prospective students through the various communications channels open to all adult learners – telephone, electronic media and correspondence. A high degree of emphasis is placed upon providing accurate, timely and quality service to prospective students.
Duties and Responsibilities: The following are some of the primary duties and responsibilities of an Admissions Counselor:
- Possess a strong knowledge of Excelsior College degree programs and requirements and relate this information to prospective students in a highly professional and caring manner.
- Provide prospective students with a sufficient amount of information that will enable them to decide whether or not EC is a viable option for their educational needs.
- Discuss general education requirements, professional component or core requirements, depth and concentration requirements and methods of earning credit including Excelsior College examinations.
- Fully understand the Undergraduate Application process including how credentials are evaluated and effectively communicate this information with applicants.
- Participate in professional development and training activities
- Participate in Outreach initiatives as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited College or University.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Ability to provide professional, quality service to prospective students and all persons inquiring about Excelsior College’s programs and services
- Ability to work independently and interact effectively with colleagues in and out of Admissions Office
- Ability to master and assimilate a large body of factual information about academic offerings with a high degree of accuracy and detail
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team
- Ability to work in a collegial manner with students, staff and external constituencies
- Proficient computer literacy and willingness to learn additional computer application software.
Application Information: Excelsior College offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package that includes paid time off, retirement and excellent health insurance. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, resume, salary history, and the names of three professional references. Please submit requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org ; or mail to:
Admissions Counselor Search
Office of Human Resources
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203-5159