Job ID: 2012-39142
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 10/15/2012
Division: Carrington College
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
We are seeking talented, enthusiastic Nursing professionals to be instructors and join our top-notch faculty. Although teaching experience is preferred instructors do not need to have teaching experience, but must have three years of experience in the nursing field.
As an instructor at Carrington College you will be responsible for delivering a quality educational experience for the students in the courses that you teach through ensuring that curriculum is up-to-date, that effective delivery methods are employed, and that all students are treated in a fair and equitable manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Interacts effectively and professionally with students, staff, faculty, and external customers of Carrington College California including Advisory Board members and externship and other off campus sites.
- Exceptional customer focused skills. Ability to address student needs and resolve issues with diplomacy and tact.
- Interpersonal skills including questioning, listening and showing concern and respect for others.
- Solid writing skills to communicate effectively in memos, letters, and via email.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including ability to project voice and be clearly understood when speaking in front of a group.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and commitment to comply with policies, regulations, and codes of conduct governing all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Commitment to the success of the students and the school.
- Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN) is preferred.
- BSN required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in Oregon.
- Three years experience in direct client care in applicable nursing specialty area(s).
- Demonstrated ability to function as a team player.
- Teaching experience or experience with adult learning principles, curriculum development and implementation desired.
- Computer literacy skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.