Requisition Number: 18451BR
Department: Cancer Ctr
University Job Title: Registered Nurse 2
Bargaining Unit: None
Job Category: Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment: Full Time
Duration Type: Regular
Work Week: Standard - 37.5 hrs (M-F, 8:30-5:00)
Work Location: Medical School Campus
Worksite Address: YNHH
1. Performs physical assessments of patients, including triage duties and advises on treatment or course of action.
2. Identifies and evaluates nursing services problems and develops and implements appropriate programs and services, including assessing staffing needs and arranging coverage as needed.
3. Develops, implements, and manages nursing care plans in collaboration with physicians.
4. Instructs patients and families in proper treatment and advises patients on health maintenance and disease prevention.
5. Provides leadership, guidance, direction to clinical staff, and collaborates with nursing at all levels.
6. Determines standards for quality assurance and infection control procedures; trains staff in universal and isolation precautions in the area of infection control.
7. Performs diagnostic and therapeutic measures in collaboration with physicians.
8. Evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing practice and nursing services.
9. Records patients' medical histories and symptoms, performs diagnostic tests and analyzes results, operates medical machinery, administers treatment and medications, and coordinates with patient follow-up and rehabilitation; assures all procedures for maintaining patient confidentiality are maintained per HIPAA guidelines.
10. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing.
Two years of relted experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Background Check Requirements: All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html  for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Weekend Hours Required?: Occasional
Evening Hours Required?: Occasional
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.