University of Western States
Director of Admissions
The Admissions Advisor communicates the mission, history and traditions of University of Western States with prospective students and others to support decisions related to enrollment. Responsibilities include recruiting and evaluating qualified applicants for admission to all UWS academic programs. The Admissions Advisor is involved with staff, faculty, administrators and students and plays an active role in the campus community.
• Represent the University to prospective students and the general public through a diverse array of outreach programs and activities.
• Schedule classroom visits and presentations with advisors and faculty at undergraduate institutions.
• Build and maintain relationships with health profession/science program advisors and counselors.
• Develop leadership skills through collaborative work in planning and implementing recruitment events and programs.
• Participate in the creation of admissions marketing materials.
• Manage and evaluate applications for admission in a timely and accurate manner.
• Advise prospective applicants on admissions requirements and application process for the various programs offered at UWS.
• Provide transcript evaluations for prospective students.
• Provide academic advising to prospective students completing prerequisite requirements.
• Direct prospective students to other University departments when needed.
• Provide campus tours for visiting prospective students and families when needed.
• Employ general knowledge regarding accreditation standards and licensing requirements.
• Aid other University departments when needed.
• Periodic travel locally, out of state and overnight.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: (Education, Training & Experience)
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Strong interpersonal, presentation and organization skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Energetic, personable, flexible, innovative, and resourceful.
• Strong computer and telephone skills.
• Be an active, independent and continuous learner.
• Effective time management skills.
• Ability to self-assess and take initiative under minimal supervision.
• Ability to utilize an interactive student management database.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Skills and abilities needed to perform job.)
• The ability to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends when required.
• Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
The University of Western States conducts background checks for the finalist or finalists of staff and faculty positions. The type of background check will vary by position type.
Salary: $30,185.00 / Minimum, $36,976.50 / Mid, $43,768.00 / Maximum. New hire salary range generally not to exceed first quartile.
To apply, please submit the UWS application, cover letter detailing your training, education and experience as they relate to the duties, responsibilities and minimum requirements of the position, along with your resume and three professional references. All resumes will be reviewed upon receipt. Position is open until filled.
No phone calls please. EOE.
Link to UWS employment application:
You may send your materials as an email attachment (Word or PDF) with job title in the subject line, FAX or U.S. mail to:
University of Western States
2900 NE 132nd Ave
Portland, OR 97230
E-mail: email@example.com