Posting Title : DENTAL TECHNICIAN - Department of Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry
Requisition Number : 1594
City : Boston
State/Province : Massachusetts
Zip code : 02111
Job Description-Overview :
The Department of Prosthodontics and Operative Dentistry provides pre-clinical and clinical instruction to postgraduate dental students, as well as advanced education programs on the postgraduate level. Our academic program also provides opportunities for faculty to participate in intramural and extramural dental practices. Additionally, we actively procure and conduct both clinical and bench research studies. Our commitment is to provide and maintain a high standard of education for our students.
The Dental Technician will:
- Coordinate activities of the post-graduate dental laboratory;
- Assist faculty in teaching and research programs;
- Assess and approve staff and student lab work;
- Demonstrates care and use of laboratory equipment;
- Demonstrate laboratory procedures regarding advanced dental ceramics, implants milling and attachment works using step models;
- Prepare teaching aids such as step models;
- Train staff and students in use and application of new laboratory equipment;
- Develop, in concert with faculty and staff, methods of laboratory experimentation applying knowledge of technologies and scientific theory;
- Prepare schematic drawings to assist laboratory research;
- Prepare and place equipment in service;
- Diagnose equipment malfunctions and repair and maintain equipment;
- Consult with Director, Graduate and Postgraduate Prosthodontics regarding laboratory operations and to set equipment purchasing priorities;
- Assure adequate laboratory materials inventory.
Job Description - Requirements :
Basic Requirements: High School Diploma or the equivalent in addition to Dental Technician Training with 3 years of experience as a Dental Technician. Must have basic computer skills and be able to lift up to 30 lbs with or withour accommadation.
Preferred Qualifications: 4 years of college with BA/ BS/ or 2-4 years of formal dental tech training. Special licenses: CDT or MDT. Knowledge of Dental CAD/CAM Technology. Should have good problem solving and organizational skills. Ability to effectively communicate with various levels of individuals throughout the University. Have a strong commitment to excellent customer service. Ability to meet deadlines, work independently, and handle frequent interruptions. Ability to multi-task, take initiative, be flexible, bring a task from beginning to completion and be part of a team.
Please apply online at http://hr.tufts.edu/jobs 
JOB REQUISITION #: 1594
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds.