University of Maryland
School of Social Work
Associate Director of Admissions
The School of Social Work, Office of the Dean is seeking an Associate Director of Admissions who will report to the Assistant Dean for Admissions. The School of Social Work develops leaders and scholars to advance the well-being of populations and communities at risk.
This office handles as many as 1,000 applications per year (Spring and Fall). The current enrollment of the School is 920 students. Coordinates the efforts of the admissions staff
with the goal of ensuring the incoming class is the desired number, quality and demographic diversity. Plans direct applicant outreach using the Target X system and other recruiting activities. Targets top candidates, coordinates campus visits and reviews applications.
• Participates and represents the school at national, regional and local recruiting events. Assist in planning and strategizing recruitment travel.
• Guides prospective students through recruitment and pre-admissions advisement, using Target. Manages inquiries and ensures individualized follow up takes place., using on-line chats, Facebook, etc. .
• Manages initial application review process, including training of alumni readers. Member of the Enrollment Management Committee.
• Conducts analysis and prepares reports.
• Guides prospective and accepted students to campus resources.
• Facilitates and coordinates admissions initiative programs. Collaborates with communications on the development and delivery of communication, campaigns, literature, and promotional materials.
• Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in a related field.
• 5 years spent progressively building a background in the various departmental functions with at least 2-3 years of experience at a management/leadership level.
For knowledge, skills and abilities sought, to apply, or for more information, please visit www.hr.umaryland.edu/careers .
The University of Maryland is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply; please visit www.ssw.umaryland.edu .