Job ID: 2012-35597
# Positions: 1
Location: US-PA-Fort Washington
Posted Date: 10/1/2012
Division: DeVry University
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
The Associate Dean of College - Business implements and manages all programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels in a specified Metro and College and completes general college and program administrative responsibilities as assigned. The Associate Dean, College, reports to the Metro Dean, Academic Affairs and has a strong dotted line to the National College Administration team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- May supervise staff (at appropriate rank given college enrollments, e.g., Program Dean, Faculty Chair, etc. and makes recommendations and decisions regarding candidate selection and ongoing performance management. Coaches and develops all staff supervised.
- Manages and develops all faculty assigned to teach within the College at the Metro. Actively recruits adjunct faculty as needed. Trains all faculty as needed.
- Works with National Dean, College to accomplish area goals and objectives that support Academic Affairs and DeVry University organizational goals and objectives.
- Provides strategic leadership in local implementation of programs and makes necessary adjustments/recommendations to support goals.
- Helps identify individual program requirements/deficiencies that support educational outcomes objectives and identifies those to National Dean, College or designee.
- Builds and maintains relationships with system-wide academics to ensure that all programs remain current and meet student needs. Maintains regular communications program with partner metros and locations. Serves as contact person for the College and programs within the College for all delivery locations.
- Manages and provides support for all programs within the College.
- Provides local leadership in outcomes assessment to ensure that DeVry University's educational objectives are met in individual courses and responds to and resolves questions and concerns regarding course content brought forward by students, faculty, and staff.
- Shares feedback on course objectives and content, gained from students, faculty, and other staff members, with appropriate faculty for the purpose of raising the level and effectiveness of content coverage throughout the system.
- Communicates curricular changes to faculty, staff, and management, and ensures that curricular standards and expectations are implemented and met.
- Establishes and maintains a mechanism for sharing of best practices for teaching content in assigned courses.
- Serves on various committees and performs special projects as assigned.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum of a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution in one of the Business program concentration areas; strong preference for candidate to possess a doctoral degree or be actively progressing towards a doctoral degree.
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience and 4 years teaching experience;
- Proven teaching success in higher education;
- Demonstrate substantial and noteworthy achievement in curriculum management;
- Possess effective and consistent interpersonal, organizational, conflict resolution, management, and organizational skills;
- Possess strong verbal, written, and telephone skills;
- Demonstrate sound working knowledge of personal computer hardware/software and the Internet;
- Administrative experience, including ability to establish priorities and make difficult choices among competing demands and to make decisions in a consultative and informed manner;
- Previous experience effectively and consistently leading and motivating staff;
- Flexible, innovative and responsive to emerging needs of the University;
- Possess ability to effectively and consistently lead and motivate staff.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.