The City University of New York (CUNY) is the nation's leading urban public university serving more than 480,000 students in a wide range of educational programs at 24 colleges and institutions in New York City.
Job ID: 7027
Coordinates efforts of admissions and/or enrollment offices.
- Coordinates workshops, intake screenings, interviews and orientations for new students
- Counsels prospective applicants on requirements and standards and provides general information on programs and services in person or by telephone, e-mail or letter; conducts follow up as needed
- Assists in conducting open house sessions and orientations, including group sessions and programs at high schools and in the community at large
- Assists with day-to-day administration and an admissions or enrollment office, including scheduling and preparing and distributing materials
- Represents the Admission Office to the colleges internal and external communities as directed
- Maintains and updates program databases, lists and files to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Job Title Name: Admissions Coordinator
Assistant to HEO
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Coordinator is responsible to:
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of CUNY FIRST (Oracle PeopleSoft) as related to Recruitment and Admissions.
- Help maintain the Constituent Relation Management (CRM) software program (Hobson's Connect) including but not limited to, implementing and tracking all communication plans related to recruitment and admissions; coordinate the virtual advisor database and the content for the personalized/VIP web pages.
- Work with the City Tech Office of Computer Information Services and other technical staff to maintain the CRM, and act as the liaison between the end-user and technical support group.
- Work closely with the Financial Aid Office as well as other departmental operations coordinators to direct the offices' processes in the CRM.
- Liaison regarding data exchange of the CRM product and CUNYFirst; compile data, audit records, and generate reports as they pertain to Recruitment and Admissions.
- Assist with the creation of CRM communication strategies and with the college's internal constituents (academic departments, student service areas and student groups) for usage with prospective and newly admitted students.
Bachelor's Degree required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills as well as ability to multitask.
- Experience using Hobsons Connect and/or other standard higher education industry admissions and recruiting systems/tools, including CRM, web-based, and online applications helpful.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, go to www.cuny.edu , access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled with review to begin 11/27/12.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.