Requisition Number: 17845BR
University Job Title: Development Officer - Corporate & Foundation Relations
Posting Position Title: Development Officer, Corporate & Foundation Relations
Bargaining Unit: None
Job Category: Managerial & Professional
Type of Employment: Full Time
Duration Type: Regular
Work Week: Standard - 37.5 hrs (M-F, 8:30-5:00)
Work Location: Central Campus
Worksite Address: 157 Church
1. Develops cultivation and solicitation strategies for new and previously identified corporate and foundation prospects.
2. Build productive relationships with faculty and other University staff to successfully identify opportunities for corporate and foundation philanthropic support for institutional priorities.
3. Identifies, cultivates, and maintains long-term relationships with local and national corporations and foundations.
4. Plans and implements all development activities concerning identified prospects. Ensures effective and efficient use of administrator and faculty time.
5. Establishes working relationships with development colleagues and other University offices. Understands the roles and responsibilities of their offices and coordinates the activities of the different offices to facilitate the establishment of relationships with corporations and foundations.
6. Prepares documents such as budgets, scientific work plans, research proposals and term sheets, ensuring that the documents align with the policies and procedures set by the University.
7. Participates in the identification of funding opportunities provided by private foundations to bring key, high priority initiatives to the attention of administrators and other leaders.
8. Travels to meet prospects for the purpose of effective, coordinated and efficient cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
9. Monitors and evaluates progress toward goals, provides statistical reports, on an ongoing basis and as requested, and suggests appropriate research for individuals and groups, corporations and foundation prospects. Prepares acknowledgments for all gifts received.
10. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Two years of experience in fundraising or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Background Check Requirements: All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html  for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
Weekend Hours Required?: Occasional
Evening Hours Required?: Occasional
Drug Screen: No
Health Screening: No
Yale University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Yale values diversity in its faculty, staff, and students and strongly encourages applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups.