ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Teach up to 12 credit hours per fall and spring semester, including but not limited to didactic and clinical Athletic Training classes.
- Evidence of knowledge and skills related to current teaching methodologies, curriculum development and evaluation.
- Demonstrate mastery and scholarship in an appropriate professional field
- Plan and provide theoretical instruction and experiences that reflect an understanding of the philosophy, objectives, and curriculum of the Math and Science Department.
- Participation in multiple and subjective written evaluations of one's instructional behaviors.
- Promptly evaluate student work and achievement of curricular objectives/outcomes related to coursework.
- Participate in strategic planning and vision for the Math and Science Department.
- General faculty responsibilities that include:
- Participation in Department meetings
- Provide academic advising and guidance of students
- Crown College committee assignments
- Scheduled 10 hours of office hours per week for student availability.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong interpersonal skills and positive energy regarding professional education.
- Established ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written and electronic communication skills.
- Skill in integrating teaching with an evangelical worldview.
- Be in agreement with the Crown College Statement of Faith and Community Covenant.
- Master's degree in Athletic Training
- Demonstrated teaching effectiveness
- Experience using computer technology in the teaching/learning process
- Demonstrated curricular designing
- Current BOC certification
- Athletic Training clinical experience
- Proof of current NATA membership
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (in addtion to the minimum qualifications):
- Doctoral degree in Athletic Training or related field
- Familiarity and/or experience with CAATE accreditation, standards and guidelines
- Experience as an ACI/Preceptor
- Experience coordinating student Clinical Education
- Experience advising and professional development of athletic training students
- Active participation in professional organizations and the athletic training profession
Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org