University of North Texas
Administrative Specialist IV
This position is within the ITSS HSC Telecommunciations depatment at Fort Worth.
The IT Shared Services Department has a unique role in accomplishing the University's mission is to provide the primary university-wide, shared resources of computing hardware, software, data and voice communications, and professional personnel on campus. The ITSS Department is called upon to provide computing and electronic communications resources when it can do so more effectively or more efficiently than separate units.
The Administrative Specialist IV position is responsible for administrative functions in the areas of office management, customer service, and asset management. These functions may include travel reimbursements, on-campus (IDO) and purchasing card, inventory tracking, processing of accounting entries, shipping and receiving, mail distribution, clerical services, telephone bill distribution, as well as a number of other administrative functions.
Job Duties Include:
* Oversees operation and maintenance of office equipment
* Prepares interdepartmental orders for on-campus procurement
* Maintains current knowledge of purchasing rules and regulations to facilitate efficient and effective ordering of equipment, software, supplies, etc.
* Responsible for awareness of and compliance with all applicable federal, state and UNT System regulations and guidelines, as well as IT Shared Services.
The successful candidate will possess a High School diploma or GED equivalent and four years of progressively responsible office administration experience. Substitution of education for experience allowed.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Intermediate MS Office skills
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple assignments effectively
* Ability to work on tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness
* Knowledge of basic accounting/budgeting procedures
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
Special Instructions to Applicants
This position is within the ITSS HSC Telecommunciations at Fort Worth.
Please submit a resume and a list of three professional references with online application.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://jobs.unt.edu 
UNT is an AA/EOE/ADA.