Job ID: 2011-31045
# Positions: 1
Location: US-CA-Elk Grove
Posted Date: 12/6/2011
Division: DeVry University
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
DeVry Inc. is a global provider of educational services and one of the largest publicly held education organizations in the world. DeVry (NYSE: DV, member S&P 500 Index) is the parent organization of Advanced Academics, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, and Ross University Schools of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine. Our institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare and technology. We serve students in secondary through postsecondary education as well as professionals in accounting and finance.
This position is the first level within the High School Program job family. In this role, the incumbent will be trained by successfully completing an initial training and/or certification process. Under supervision, the High School Program Representative I is responsible for generating prospective high school inquiries that will lead to enrollments while elevating the DeVry brand with professional representation. Increases awareness and consideration of DeVry by marketing the program to high school educators and students and by identifying students as possible candidates for enrollment. Resolves some scheduling and presentation questions and relies on higher levels for solutions to more complex problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes certification process and associated training to develop broad High School Program and Admissions knowledge.
- Applies TEACH Values in the completion of all job assignments.
- Networks, builds and develops professional high school relationships to elevate the brand and increase consideration through presentations and full service visits.
- Develop marketing plan for assigned territory and make changes as appropriate and execute plan.
- Apply different methods of scheduling perspective high school educators; in person, phone, email or referral as deemed appropriate.
- Modifies presentations as needed to be applicable to various audiences.
- Conducts dynamic presentations to explain academic and career opportunities, motivate students to further their education and to identify potential candidates for enrollment.
- Qualifies potential high school students during and after presentations to ensure they have the potential, traits, characteristics and financial wherewithal to be considered for enrollment.
- Accountable for specific number of visits to high schools, inquiries, and conversion of inquiries to applications.
- Utilize DeVry database to enter, update and audit data.
- Provides excellent customer service to high school educators and students throughout the recruitment process.
- Utilize print library to choose how and when it will be used while working with high school students.
- Assist campus in the matriculation of potential students by participating in campus based initiatives and events as needed.
- Performs consistently to meet or exceed performance targets.
- Adheres to laws and regulations governing student recruitment activities as well as the DeVry Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous presentation and/or recruiting experience helpful but not required.
- Excellent presentations skills required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Products preferred.
- Ability to troubleshoot and configure hardware i.e. laptops, projectors, PDA’s, routers, etc.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 50 lbs. of equipment and material.
- Ability to work within a team and be a team player.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment and to be a self-starter.
- Ability to travel 70-90% locally.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.