The Department of Otolaryngology is seeking nominations and applications for the position of Finance & HR Manager. The Finance and HR Manager is a mid-level (no direct reports) position responsible for executing the day-to-day financial transactions and human resources (HR) functions of the Department. This is a critical role within a department that has approximately 50 FTE and an annual budget of $12 million. The Manager will understand and navigate the complexities of a complex academic medical center, multiple financial & reporting systems, and funds flow between the University of Colorado, University Physicians, Inc. (UPI), Children’s Hospital Colorado, and University Hospital, in order to successfully manage and execute a variety of financial and HR related responsibilities.
Working under the direction and guidance of the Director of Finance & Administration (DFA) and the Department Chair, the Manager has responsibility to communicate, document and perform all of the department’s finance and human resource efforts. This includes maintaining effective working relationships with the Dean’s Office School of Medicine, Office of Grants and Contracts, UPI, University of Colorado Foundation, and University Finance. The Manager provides support and expertise to department faculty and staff in financial systems, reporting, and the human resource system. The Manager will manage a departmental database of financial and grant transactions and provide periodic reports to the department administration, faculty and administrative staff as requested. This position will be involved in budgeting and financial forecasting to enhance current programs and to help evaluate potential new programs. The Manager will be responsible for pre-award grant budgeting support for faculty, as well as post-award grant management.
Specific duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Prepare budgets, track and monitor expenditures, prepare and analyze monthly reports, including monthly clinical and grant revenue variance reports.
• Process various payments, deposits, and expense reports.
• Monitor and analyze financial data for grant accounts to ensure that all financial activity complies with internal and external policies, reconciling any discrepancies.
• Oversee salary allocation on sponsored projects and advise changes to the Principal Investigator (PI) as needed.
• Perform Payroll Expense Transfers (PETs) and Journal Entries (JEs) as needed in compliance with internal and external policies and procedures.
• Monitor and evaluate UCD expense reports, department travel request forms, and UPI payment vouchers created by administrative staff for accuracy and compliance with policy and procedure.
• Develop and implement departmental travel and procurement policies and procedures.
• Design, enter data, and maintain departmental financial and HR databases.
• Organize existing and/or initiate new administrative activities of the Department to ensure its cost effectiveness, efficiency, and its operational flow.
• Provide clinical activity, billing, and productivity reporting and analyses to the DFA, Department Chair, and faculty.
• Prepare and analyze various financial and operational reports (monthly and ad hoc).
• Serve as Department’s payroll liaison (PeopleSoft and UPI systems).
• Oversee the long-term storage of all financial records in paper or digital form for efficient retrieval for analysis and/or audits.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, Finance, or related field from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree preferred.
• Advanced level/skill in Microsoft Excel (reporting, charting, pivot tables, etc.)
• 3-5 years of progressive experience in similar role/duties is preferred
• Experience working in an academic medical center
• Proficiency with PeopleSoft (HRMS &/or Finance)
• Experience with grant management
• Experience and proficiency in financial report preparation and presentation to audiences of varying levels
Applications are accepted electronically at www.jobsatcu.com  (posting #819455) or direct link: www.jobsatcu.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=70751 
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, but full consideration will be given to complete applications received by 11/25/12.