Trocaire College is seeking New York State Licensed Massage Therapists to teach 1-3 Massage Therapy classes in our Continuing Education Program.
The incumbents will be responsible for developing and delivering Massage Therapy Continuing Education classes to therapists needing to meet state requirements for licensure. We are looking for Therapists to teach 1-3 classes.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter indicating the class(es) which they are interested in developing/delivering. The following outlines potential course offerings and is not all inclusive: Massage Theory, Technique, Shiatsu, Connective Tissue Massage, Reflexology, Acupressure, Myofascial Massage, Neuromuscular Massage, Craniosacral Techniques, Manual Lymphatic Drainage, Infant Massage, Pregnancy Massage, Stretching, Exercise to Facilitate, Sports Massage, Business Principles, Ethics, Documentation Standards.
• Current New York State Massage Therapy License or similar qualification for course taught
• AMTA and/or NCBT Certification preferred
• Needs to be available on weekends or nights
• Long-term experience and/or Associates Degree(+)
• Must have a basic understanding of the massage industry including basic medical terminology
• Intermediate knowledge of:
o Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• All required vaccines to work in a medical setting are current and up to date
• Be able to lift, move, manipulate any and all equipment involved with teaching a class
• Be able to lift, move, manipulate persons involved with live demonstrations