This position is responsible for designing and implementing network, systems and telecommunications technologies across the enterprise to ensure that all systems meet our SLAs for availability. The Manager will lead and mentor a team of highly technical professionals in executing the department's multi-year plan that aligns the network, systems & communications architecture with our mission and evolving business needs of the firm. This is a working manager role, this position must be able to manage the highly technical staff (Cisco and Microsoft based) and work with the tools consistent with operational requirements.
• Bachelor's degree in a related discipline;
• 8 years of enterprise networking experience;
• 3-5 years of management experience;
• Cisco and/or Microsoft certifications preferred;
• Experience designing and architecting large scale, multi-site networks that are scalable, highly-available, and secure, and demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking to analyze and correct network performance issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge and expertise of Cisco networking
• Knowledge and expertise of Microsoft server systems such as MS Server 2008, Exchange, AD and/or LDAP, SQL Server, SharePoint, SCCM
• Knowledge and expertise of domains, DHCP, DNS, hosts file
• Knowledge and expertise of SAN/NAS, backups
• Basic Knowledge and expertise of telecom, VOIP, mobile/cellular technologies
• Basic knowledge of websites; IIS/Tomcat. Java, etc.
• Basic knowledge of anti-virus, anti-spam products
• Knowledge and expertise of network and systems security
• Manage a team of engineers and administrators, which includes training, evaluating, supervising, and mentoring employees
• Plan and implement best practice technical designs, proactive alerting, skilled technical resources, and urgency to ensure the continuous operations of the network infrastructure.
• Evaluate the network infrastructure to ensure adequate capacity and technical capability; forecasting network demand; designing and supporting the firm's remote access and mobility infrastructure;
• Lead or provide guidance for advanced technical work in the design, acquisition, installation, integration, operation, and maintenance of the college's integrated enterprise server/systems and network infrastructure.
• Support the evolution of VMware virtualization tools (Citrix, VPN, WLAN, and BES) and associated infrastructure; maintaining current and detailed word documentation including, but not limited to, diagrams, schematics, and a system integration matrix;
• Manage the telecommunications and communications infrastructure, budgets and billing. This includes wired (PBX and VOIP) and cellular/mobile communications.
• Assist with the preparation of the IT capital and operational expense budgets; working with the development team on projects across the enterprise;
• Meet with staff to identify new opportunities with technologies at the institution and implementing systems to ensure stability, reliability, and to create efficiencies; and
• Assist the CIO with the preparation of quarterly and yearly business reports.
BCCC offers a competitive benefits package which includes annual, sick, and personal leave, tuition remission benefits at University System of Maryland Institutions for all full time employees, and multiple insurance options.
Email entire packet to firstname.lastname@example.org 
All applicants must provide the following information as part of the initial application package in order to receive consideration:
• Cover letter (including salary history)
• Completed BCCC Application and EEO Survey – links below
• Unofficial transcripts
To view the vacancy announcement, refer to www.bccc.edu  BCCC Jobs.