Job ID: 2012-38307
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 11/12/2012
Division: Carrington College of California
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
The Dean of Academic Affairs (DAA) is responsible for the management and delivery of the University’s educational and academic support programs at the Campus level. The Dean organizes, supervises, and directs a professional staff to insure curricula are current and consistently delivered in an environment and manner conducive to learning in accordance with company objectives. The Dean is also responsible for assuring students are provided support services to maintain the highest level of student achievement and retention without compromising the integrity of the educational process. As a member of the Campus Management Team, the Dean must plan and coordinate the department’s activities with those of other departments to ensure success in all aspects of University operations. The Dean is responsible for preparing a department financial forecast and controlling direct cost expenses to the forecast through departmental purchasing authority consistent with company policy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops strategic operating plans to improve student success and satisfaction levels, with emphasis placed on teaching/learning and outcomes assessment.
- Provides leadership to the faculty, which enables them to achieve the stated goals of the campus that are consistent with student success.
- Develops an accurate and timely annual budget and term forecast that complies with company policies to achieve the department’s objectives stated in the operating plan.
- Establishes monitoring systems and outcome assessments that enable the analysis of key performance objectives and identifies business trends and plans for improvement.
- Develops long and short term plans that enable the department to achieve campus and company priorities and allows the department to contribute to student success at the campus.
- Ensures and leads active academic participation in self-evaluations, annual reports, team visits, re-accreditation reports, licensing reports and audits, as required.
- Ensures the academic department conforms to all faculty and academic policies.
- Ensures currency of curriculum so the placement of graduates and the survey of employers indicate that our graduates are accepted in their career field.
- Successfully communicates, follows-up on, tracks and implements the program to improve the teaching enterprise.
- Creates local policies and procedures to support implementation of faculty incessancy package of programs entitled “Improving the Teaching Enterprise”.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master’s degree required
- PhD. Degree from an accredited university in a related field preferred
- Demonstrated success (minimum 3-5 years) in an Academic Dean position or related higher education administrative experience.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, conflict resolution and computer skills.
- Ability to lead, direct and advise both faculty and students.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to relate and communicate with all levels of management.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Strong and effective customer service skills.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential issues.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.