Job ID: 2012-39243
# Positions: 1
Posted Date: 11/8/2012
Division: DeVry University
Department: Student Finance
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, and Ross University Schools of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare and technology. DeVry’s institutions serve students in secondary through postsecondary education and professionals in accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
The role is responsible for promoting student success through accurate and responsive advisement in the areas of academics, student finance and service-related areas. Reporting directly to the Center Dean, Campus Director or Student Central Dean/Director/Manager on the campus, this position is responsible and accountable for the advisement of an assigned student population serving as a single point of contact for the student(s).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using a high level of discretion and independent judgment, analyzes each student’s situation in order to develop and implement an individualized financial and academic plan that promotes student success. Continuously evaluates the academic and financial plans throughout the student lifecycle and makes appropriate adjustments to ensure successful student outcomes.
- Maintains accurate enrollment, persistence and graduation information for assigned students. Analyzes reports and student feedback to identify academic or financial concerns affecting student progression, and is able to create an action plan to address these concerns. Documents all interactions in the appropriate University systems.
- Collaborates with other departments and functional area to deliver an optimal student experience.
- Helps students explore alternatives to overcome issues or problems that may be barriers to persistence or graduation. Assesses need for other services and makes appropriate referrals when necessary.
- Demonstrates and communicates current, detailed and accurate knowledge of University policies, Title IV and state regulations to prospective and current students. Communicates the policies and procedures in a manner that displays deep understanding of the rationale and the value of the policy or procedure to the student.
- Coordinates and participates in registration activities by enhancing the new and continuing student experience during advising sessions and new student orientation.
- Works with faculty and staff to identify students having academic problems, including attendance issues, and strives to overcome these issues to promote student success and retention; coordinates discipline issues with student services.
- Attends meetings and contributes to college committees; participates in campus activities and events
Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 1year of experience in Higher Education
- High level of interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as function as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently
- Outstanding customer service skills
- PC skills in Microsoft Office, Internet applications and database software. Experience with Student Financial Aid software application a plus.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.