Job ID: 2012-40197
# Positions: 1
Location: US-CA-Long Beach
Posted Date: 11/8/2012
Division: DeVry University
Department: Student Services
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Exempt
About DeVry University:
Founded in 1931, DeVry University is one of the largest, private sector universities in North America, with more than 90,000 students enrolled in the United States and Canada. The university’s mission is to foster student learning through high-quality, career-oriented education integrating technology, business, science and the arts. With more than 95 locations, DeVry University delivers practitioner-oriented undergraduate and graduate degree programs  onsite and online that meet the needs of a diverse and geographically dispersed student population. Home to five colleges of study, including Business & Management, Engineering & Information Sciences, Health Sciences, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Media Arts & Technology, DeVry University’s outstanding faculty members, work in the fields that they teach, providing students with real-world experiences that prepare them for high-growth careers.
DeVry University is institutionally accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, www.ncahlc.org . DeVry University, a part of DeVry Inc. (NYSE: DV), is based in Downers Grove, Il. For more information about DeVry University, find us on Twitter @DeVryUniv, Facebook /DEVRYUNIVERSITY or visit newsroom.devry.edu. 
The Manager, Student Central is responsible for the overall processes, training, evaluation and support for Student Central services. The Manager, Student Central manages day to day operations and handling of all student issues, as well as assessing and measuring the effectiveness of services provided. This position may also assist, design and implement programs that foster student successes (based on the persistence plan) and customer services as well as contribute to the accomplishment of the operational and financial objectives for the University and organization. Is also accountable for the location’s accounts receivables. This position is appropriate for a campus/metro with enrollment of approximately 350 - 900 students
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates and reviews current customer service practices and processes and advises management on recommendations for improvement.
- Provides coordination and training in the implementation of an effective customer service plan.
- Provides management with tracking, reporting, and assessment of outcomes.
- Leads in the development and hiring of Student Success Coaches and Student Finance Consultant that will play an integral role in the overall customer service initiative.
- Supervises customer service positions as they are assigned.
- Assesses performance for assigned customer service positions, provides timely follow-up on any developmental needs through the performance management system.
- Develops, implements, and monitors schedules that provide effective coverage to ensure quality.
- May review and revise processes in regards to registration, academic appeals, withdrawals, program changes, etc., on campus.
- May prepare department staffing and budget plans and maintain adequate staffing while remaining within budget targets.
- May interview and participate in hiring decisions for applicants, directly supervise department supervisors, provide feedback and conduct performance reviews as assigned.
- Ensures audit compliance with University and government regulations including Title IV.
- Ensures that staff has the needed tools and resources to assists applicants/students with making informed tuition and investment decisions by providing accurate and helpful Student Finance counsel.
- Identifies and shares best practices with the department members to ensure that all staff members continuously provide and improve the DeVry student experience.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of all DeVry Student Finance programs, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a detailed understanding of federal, state financial aid guidelines and laws while ensuring that all staff members are as well.
- May assist with designing and presenting any special reports/projects for accreditation and state approval process.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of combined professional experience required in at least two or more of the following areas:
- Business processes.
- Student finance (knowhow or strong working familiarity with FERPA laws in a college/university environment and in the application of federal regulations in financial aid programs).
- Student services.
- Customer service.
- Academic advising.
- Accounting/financial administration.
- Strong financial aid experience with specific knowhow in the application of FERPA laws in a college/university environment and in the application of federal regulations in the financial aid programs.
- Working familiarity with the utilization of financial aid software such as ProSAM.
- Academic counseling and/or student finance experience desired.
- Proficiency and accuracy in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Communicates with impact both verbal and written in an accurate, understandable and succinct manner while adapting communication style to your audience.
- Proactively solves problems through asking questions, listening to responses, verifying information, considering alternate conclusions and staying solution-focused.
- Consistently displays leadership integrity through supporting the DeVry Purpose, Vision, and Values; is accountable for actions and consequences.
- Buildes inspired teams of talented people through a collaborative and positive approach to work.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.