The City University of New York (CUNY) is the nation's leading urban public university serving more than 480,000 students in a wide range of educational programs at 24 colleges and institutions in New York City.
Job ID: 6966
Administers the operations of a museum, gallery, or art facility.
-Manages preservation, documentation, and management of a collection (e.g., acquisition, records management, cataloging, storage, security, maintenance and repair)
-Prepares in-house and/or traveling exhibits, including all necessary documentation, installation, and exhibition materials
-Responds to requests for information and/or loan, and all educational materials, researching the collection as needed
-Administers gallery activities, such as maintaining computerized records on equipment, materials, and other inventory; updating web pages, etc.
-Participates in organizing events, promotional efforts, and exhibition marketing
-Supervises daily gallery operations and maintenance of the collection
-Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
- Manages exhibition installations and de-installations.
- Oversees office recordkeeping.
- Processes gallery payments in collaboration with development and business departments.
- Supervises gallery attendants.
- Supervises college assistants on curatorial research, outreach, cultivation event and VIP Seating.
- Creates condition reports for each work and assists in reporting.
- Manages shipping of all loans and listing of insurance values.
- Liasons with Building Design and Exhibitions office about technical needs, artwork dimensions,
exhibition design, shipping plans, installation schedule and requirements.
- Liasons with Office of Security and Public Safety.
- Implements fundraising plans and coordinates fundraising, marketing outreach and public events with Executive Director and Deputy Director.
- Drafts grant proposals.
- Collects and maintains statistical data on program activities.
- Tracks communication with individual donors, foundations, board members.
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
Excellent writing and communication skills. Interest in fast-paced setting requiring flexibility. Advanced degree preferred. Interest in academic and non-profit setting, modern and contemporary art, humanities. Track record in successful development work.
$44,552 - $55,782
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply using the "Apply Now" link below. Make sure to upload a cover letter and resume (as one document) with the contact information of 3 professional references by the closing date.
December 9, 2012
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.