Lynn University, a private, not for profit institution located in Boca Raton, Florida is currently accepting applications for an assistant director of undergraduate admission. Reporting to the director of admission, the assistant director is responsible for the recruitment of students within certain geographic territories. Additionally, the assistant director is responsible with assisting in the design, development, implementation, and management of various admission programs, strategies, policies, and practices that meet the goals and objectives of the university.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Research, design and implement recruitment initiatives to augment the university’s marketing efforts to prospective students.
• Collaborate with team members and leadership to ensure operational activities within the office are streamlined and productive.
• Travel to and manage several geographic territories to identify, recruit, admit, and enroll academically qualified students.
• Develop recruitment strategies within assigned territories to include high school visits, college fairs, area receptions, and yield events.
• Establish and maintain an active communication flow with high school students and counselors, parents, and educational consultants.
• Counsel students through the application process and facilitate questions related to the university’s academic, social, cultural, financial, and athletic environments.
• Read, interpret, and evaluate students' academic credentials to determine an appropriate admission decision.
• Assist with the planning and execution of special programs and projects.
• Provide admission presentations to campus visitors and varying constituent groups.
• Complete routine reports related to recruitment, projections, personal schedule, travel, special programs, and professional development.
• Conduct and coordinate campus tours as needed.
• Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university required. Candidates with a mater’s degree will be given preference.
• Three to five years of progressive admission and higher education experience required. Consideration will not be given to candidates without direct college admission experience.
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• Knowledge of admission terminology and standardised testing practices.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership, organizational and programming skills.
• Ability to clearly and persuasively articulate university programs and offerings to prospective students.
• Skilled at interacting and communicating with varying audiences in small and large settings.
• Proficent verbal and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to efficiently and effectively solve problems independently.
• Ability to travel and work a varied schedule with flexible hours including weekends and evenings.
• Demonstrated ability at planning and organizing multiple projects and tasks.
• Ability to learn and apply institutional policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office tools and ability to become familiar with recruitment software programs.
Qualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com