Job ID: 2012-40069
# Positions: 1
Location: US-CA-Long Beach
Posted Date: 11/7/2012
Division: DeVry University
Department: Career Services
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
About DeVry Inc.:
About DeVry Inc.
DeVry's purpose is to empower its students to achieve their educational and career goals. DeVry (NYSE: DV; member S&P MidCap 400 Index) is a global provider of educational services and the parent organization of Advanced Academics, American University of the Caribbean School of Medicine, Becker Professional Education, Carrington College, Carrington College California, Chamberlain College of Nursing, DeVry Brasil, DeVry University, Ross University School of Medicine and Ross University School of Veterinary Medicine. These institutions offer a wide array of programs in business, healthcare, technology, accounting and finance. For more information, please visit http://www.devryinc.com .
Under minimal supervision, the Employer Liaison partners with local businesses and companies to increase the number of job leads for DeVry students and alumni. Works with other Career Services staff to ensure the department has an adequate amount of job leads. Uses established procedures and performs generally routine work. This position requires minimal evaluation, originality and ingenuity; refers complex issues or problems to supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with the Career Services Advisors, specialists, and supervisors in order to provide them with an appropriate number of job leads.
- Develops long term working relationships with businesses.
- Performs specific job development activities for co-op entry level and experienced job leads.
- Ensures accurate entry of job leads into the HireDeVry system.
- Communicates and coordinates all jobs leads with appropriate Career Services staff to facilitate employment and career advising activities.
- Follows up and maintains all job leads and reports on lead activity.
- Encourages companies to participate in DeVry University Career Fairs and related events, including on-campus interviewing.
- Participates in student/alumni activities, career fairs, graduation and related events.
- Works with businesses to identify employment trends on a regional basis and communicates these trends to appropriate staff personnel.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree required. Masters Degree Preferred.
- One to three years employer relations or career advising experience required.
- At least one year corporate outreach, corporate relations, and/or marketing experience required, preferably from an educational institution.
- Strong knowledge of regional job market trends.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills required.
- Ability to market DeVry University student populations to business and industry.
- Strong PC skills with at least one year of experience using word processing, spreadsheets and web-based search engines.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.