The City University of New York (CUNY) is the nation's leading urban public university serving more than 480,000 students in a wide range of educational programs at 24 colleges and institutions in New York City.
Job ID: 6952
Organizes and administers programs to support the success of international students.
-Coordinates international student recruitment and enrollment services
-Collects, evaluates, and reports information on a number of international student success factors
-Works with campus departments on programs which promote the success of international students
-Creates and implements communications strategies, workshops/events, and other special resources to support the international student community
-Monitors compliance activities at the campus (e.g., visas, SEVIS and other reports) and stays current on regulations and other developments
-Performs related duties as assigned.
Higher Education Assistant
CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION
The International Student Services Specialist is a member of the Division of Student Affairs. The Specialist will work with the Office of Admissions to administer the international student experience, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with international student recruitment, including virtual and in-person strategies.
- Collaborating with the various offices to ensure international student persistence, retention and success.
- Working with various members of the college community to maintain, streamline and enhance the Study Abroad options and experience available to BMCC students.
- Assisting in monitoring federal regulations and policies of international students' compliance including assisting students with visas, following up with SEVIS and completing other reports.
- Implementing an assessment program to evaluate learning outcomes and best practices.
- Staying informed of current services and new developments of issues for international students.
- Creating and implementing orientation, assimilation, and success workshops, services, and resources for international students regarding topics such as transition to college, NYC, and the US (housing, medical insurance, etc.).
- Developing electronic and print publications, social media and other communications.
- Providing assistance with major college-wide events such as commencement, orientation, registration, and honors convocation.
Bachelor's degree and four years' related experience required.
Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in student personnel, higher education, or a related field. At least three years of full-time work experience in a higher education setting required, preferably in a diverse higher education setting with prior experience in coordinating and evaluating college-level programs (of the required four years' related experience). Candidates must have excellent organizational, presentation, written and oral communication skills; have the ability to provide outstanding customer service in a fast paced, deadline driven environment; possess an understanding of the cultural, social, and educational needs of a multi-ethnic campus community. Proficiency in Microsoft Suite required, managing social media, designing promotional and informational materials. Work schedule will include some evenings and weekends.
$42,873 - $59,608
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
HOW TO APPLY
Access CUNYfirst portal.
JOB SEARCH CATEGORY
CUNY Job Posting: Managerial/Professional
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are committed to enhancing our diverse academic community by actively encouraging people with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women to apply. We take pride in our pluralistic community and continue to seek excellence through diversity and inclusion. EO/AA Employer.