Montgomery County Community College is seeking applications for a Business Systems Trainer.
The Business Systems Trainer provides support for College employees in the effective use of new and current technologies.
• Identifies, develops and implements technology training programs for administrative and student service systems.
• Helps build awareness of available technologies among administrators and support staff including mobile technologies.
• Advocates and develops comprehensive uses of College owned business systems.
• Analyzes and evaluates new technologies for potential application in administrative and service areas that provide process improvements, concentrate on strategic priorities, and improve customer service.
• Demonstrates administrative applications of technologies; plans, coordinates and conducts special topics workshops in the use of technologies in back office business operations and in support of student services; arranges and schedules new technologies demonstrations and workshops by vendors.
• Identifies areas in need of process improvement and collaborates with staff in selecting and implementing appropriate technologies for the desired improvement.
• As new technologies are deployed, works closely with the implementation teams to define targeted user self-sufficiency levels, develop end user training programs, create and test user documentation, and monitor user progress toward achieving targeted self-sufficiency levels.
• Develops and implements assessment tools for measuring the effectiveness of training programs.
• Supports the College’s SharePoint Portal and provides training for site owners and developers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Instructional Design or related field.
• Master’s degree and/or technical certifications (MCT, ACT) preferred.
• Extensive technical writing experience creating standard operating procedures, manuals and training materials.
• Minimum of three years’ experience in training on administrative systems.
• Experience working in higher education preferred.
• Experience in developing and delivering enterprise training programs via multiple methods including face to face and online.
• Broad knowledge of Windows and Mac OS as well as mobile technology including iOS and Android.
• In depth knowledge of current desktop productivity tools (including MS Office), current internet systems/applications (including SharePoint), enterprise software systems, help desk software and document imaging systems.
• Experience using Datatel, MS Systems Center Service Manager and ImageNow preferred
• Ability to design and implement workflows using various tools.
• Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in written format.
• Excellent customer service skills.
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.mc3.edu  under "Career Opportunities." The review process will begin on 11/19/12 and will be ongoing until the position is filled.
Montgomery County Community College is an EOE.