DEPARTMENT OF NUTRITION
DIVISION OF HEALTH PROFESSIONS
BYRDINE F. LEWIS SCHOOL OF NURSING AND HEALTH PROFESSIONS
The Department of Nutrition, Division of Health Professions in the Byrdine F. Lewis School of Nursing and Health Professions at Georgia State University, Atlanta is seeking to fill two tenure track faculty positions (Assistant or Associate Professor). The Department of Nutrition has 8 full-time tenure-track faculty and several part-time and non-tenure track faculty. The Department of Nutrition offers a Bachelor of Science Didactic Program in Dietetics, a Master of Science in Health Sciences with a concentration in Nutrition, and a Coordinated Program in dietetics that provides the didactic course work and supervised practice to meet the requirements for the M.S. degree and for taking the Registration Examination (RD) for Dietitians. (Additional information about the Department of Nutrition can be found at this URL: http://nutrition.gsu.edu/ ) The individuals in these positions will be responsible for teaching and scholarly activity in his/her primary area of expertise, conduct of research, and service to the university and professional communities.
• PhD with at least one graduate degree in Human Nutrition, an emphasis in clinical dietetics is preferred.
• Academic credentials, including teaching and research experience, consistent with appointment at the Assistant or Associate Professor level
• Evidence of strong written and oral communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
• Registered Dietitian (RD) with eligibility for licensure in the state of Georgia is preferred but not required
• Position is available for August 2013
To apply, please provide the following information:
1. Letter of application, summarizing your experience and qualifications for the position
2. Curriculum Vitae
3. Names, phone numbers, and email addresses of three references
4. One to three publications demonstrating your current area of research interest
Application deadline: Consideration of applicant pool begins November 1, 2012 and continues until the position is filled. Send application information to:
Sonda Abernathy, Business Manager
Nutrition Search Committee (Log# 14-073A/B)
Questions regarding the position may be directed to the chair of the search committee, Dr. Vijay Ganji at email@example.com .