Position Summary: We seek applicants for a Scientific Programmer to join the laboratory of Dr. John Storey at the Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics. We are looking for a scientific programmer who can assist the research group with development and implementation of data analysis algorithms for genomics data. Specific duties include:
* Implement software as required, including tools for retrieving/collecting data, searching, visualizing, and analyzing data
* Implement data analysis methods
* Document software
Essential Qualifications: - Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Molecular Biology or related field
- Some experience with production software development
- The successful candidate must be able to work productively in a team environment.
Preferred Qualifications: - Experience using C/C++, Python or Perl, and R.
- Experience working in a research environment
- Knowledge of genomics (high throughput sequencing, microarray technology) and relevant data analysis techniques highly preferred
- Experience with utilizing large compute clusters is extremely valuable.
- Able to communicate effectively with people of varying technical backgrounds and be able to adjust to the rapidly changing needs of researchers
-Able to work independently and manage multiple c ollaborations/research projects at once.
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled or See Position Summary.