Position Summary: In one of our retail operations the selected candidate will provide customer service within the parameters of departmental standards with regard for speed of service and customer satisfaction. Will be responsible for all levels of customer service. Prepares the food requirements of a standard menu with concern for quality, appeal, presentation, sanitation, safety, and cost. Will also be responsible for maintaining the kitchen in a clean, safe and orderly fashion.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepares food items for the menu in accordance with the established portion sizes, quality, and taste as designed.
2. Prepares items as requested by customers.
3. Maintains the kitchen, kitchen equipment, food court and related areas in a safe and sanitary condition at all times. Corrects or reports any sanitation hazards.
4. Operate cash register, POS terminal, or card reader accurately according to departmental procedures.
5. Adheres to the policy of "clean as you go." Assists in the daily, weekly, and periodic cleaning and maintenance duties.
6. Maintains the storage areas, utilizing proper storage techniques, including enforcing a FIFO (first in/first out) policy for all foodstuffs.
7. Is familiar with all food preparation procedures as assigned.
8. Maintains and enforces the established energy conservation techniques and guidelines.
9. Adheres to the policies and procedures of the Department of Dining Services and Princeton University.
10. Assists with production, service, and clean up of special functions on and off campus.
11. May perform the duties of a storekeeper or foodservice worker
12. Performs other tasks as directed by University management.
Essential Qualifications: Minimum Requirements:
1. Ability to read, write and follow verbal and written instructions.
2. A high school diploma, GED, or completion of the Excelling at Princeton Program and one year relevant experience; OR five years relevant experience preferably in a collegiate dining environment
3. Flexibility with scheduling. Weekend work, late hours, extended hours and work outside unit required.
4. Prior dependable work record.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Stand or walk up to 2 hours at one time for a total of 6-8 hours per day;
2. Sit for no more than 2 hours during an 8 hour day, except for cashiers and card checkers who may sit for 2- 4 hours at one time for a total of 4- 6 hours per day;
3. Drive for no more than 30 minutes at one time;
4. Lift or carry up to 30 pounds frequently (34 -66% of the workday);
5. Lift or carry up to 50 pounds occasionally (less than 33% of the workday);
6. Push or pull using forces up to 50 pounds occasionally (less than 33 % of the workday);
7. Frequently use hands for simple grasping, fine manipulation, pushing or pulling with forces up to 30 pounds (34-66% of the workday);
8. Bend, squat, kneel, climb stairs, reach overhead, lift overhead occasionally (less than 33% of the work day);
9. Lift up to 30 pounds in a range of motions from floor to overhead; lift 50 pounds in a range of motions from floor to chest height;
10. Work under a range of temperature conditions (e.g., kitchens, walk-in refrigerators and freezers, etc);
11. Possess physical agility, full range of motion, and ability to maintain balance.
1. One year's experience as a food service worker or equivalent in culinary training.
2. Knowledge of New Jersey State Health Department rules and regulations.
1. Good interpersonal skills with ability to take direction and work with others. Skill with customer service and relations.
2. Must have the ability to coordinate tasks to meet production deadlines. Must be flexible in handling multiple assignments and ability to work in multiple venues.
3. Must be able to work rapidly and efficiently during rush periods.
4. Must be able to work with a variety of kitchen and service equipment including charbroilers, steam jacket kettles, pressure steamers, ovens, broilers, woks, grills, slicers, choppers, mixers, blenders, frozen dessert machines, various hot and cold beverage dispensers, coffee brewers, espresso/cappuccino machines, flash freezer, steamer/oven, card reader, cash register and various hand tools.
5. Must have knowledge of food preparation for a full range of cold foods including salads, fruits and vegetables, deli meats, desserts, and accompaniments; and hot food production including steaming, grilling, frying, baking, pizza making, and dough mixing.
6. Must have knowledge of customer service standards.
7. Skill in presenting and garnishing food.
8. Experience in cashiering and related duties.
Schedule will be discussed during the interview process and established when an offer of employment is made. Flexibility, nights, weekends as well as work outside the unit is required.
Schedule may change due to business needs.
Finalist must successful complete a pre-employment physical and background check.
Preferred Qualifications: Preferred
1. Valid Drivers license
Education Required: High School or Equivalent
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled or See Position Summary.