Position Summary: The Empirical Study of Conflict (ESOC) Project seeks a Research Specialist to provide qualitative research as well as geo-spatial and statistical analysis for a multi-university team of researchers. Under the direction of the Principal Investigator, the Specialist will provide measurement and modeling of micro-level conflict data and information to examine politically motivated violence worldwide (including Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan).
Essential Qualifications: * BA or more advanced degree, preferably in a social science
* Academic experience conducting micro-economic and statistical analysis as well as historical research
* Proficiency with or ability to rapidly learn STATA and ArcGIS software
* Excellent writing and analytical skills
* Evidence of ability to take the initiative in solving practical research problems
* Ability to work independently and to adjust to rapidly changing needs of researchers
The final candidate will be required to successfully complete a background check.
Preferred Qualifications: Familiarity with the use of ESRI suite of products, including Stata, ArcGIS 9.x, and Python scripting
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled or See Position Summary.